My second nomination for a blogging award?!? Say, what?!
Who would of thought? (not me, that’s for sure!)
. . .
When I started this blog, I wasn’t sure what I was getting into, but now, I love writing.
I also expected maybe 2-3 people to read it; I never would have imagined having many followers, let alone award nominations.
To be honest, I didn’t know it was actually a thing until my previous nomination.
And, then I got this nomination and couldn’t believe it. I thought the last one was going to be my only one (just random); well I guess I was wrong, & I’m glad I was because it reminded me of how much I’ve come to love blogging/writing.
The first thing I did when I got the nomination was google what ‘Liebster’ meant and here’s what I found: (der) n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling…
. . .
I was nominated by MrHushHush Entries who’s blog could be categorized as… inspirational & thought provoking, along with some short-stories. He also has a published book, which is an amazing accomplishment (go send him some encouragement for that because it’s definitely not easy).
. . .
10 Questions from MrHushHush Entries
- Why did you start blogging/writing?
I don’t really know exactly what made me start blogging/writing. I think I was just tired of having so much on my mind and no one to tell them to. I just wanted a place to write it all down (and a journal just didn’t entice me); I think deep down I wanted to share my thoughts with like-minded people who would understand all my crazy thoughts.
I also wanted to share my adventures with like-minded people that would be encouraged by my adventures because I love traveling and I want others to know that traveling is an amazing experience.
- Who or what inspires you the most?
Traveling, and everything that comes with it (learning & exploring different places & cultures) inspire most of my posts.
Also, tough times in life (because they give me good ideas for thought-provoking content). Writing about them also helps me get through them.
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be, and why?
I would be on a plane heading anywhere in the world (literally, anywhere; my bucket list goal is to go to every country).
- What thoughts make you happy? Very happy.
Traveling! Being free to live out of a suitcase and travel the world is my goal.
- How do you look at the mistakes you make?
Learning opportunities. And, good content for a blog post.
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
I don’t have one (I’m more into reality shows; & YouTube).
- What is one book you’d recommend for me to read?
I don’t read a lot, but, recently someone recommended that I read these 2 books: “How To Be A Bawse” & “The Art of Pretending to be a Grown Up”.
Although, they are light-hearted and ‘silly’ books, they really made me want to take my life in my own hands and start really living my life to the fullest.
So, I guess I would copy that person and recommend those as well.
- Is there anything that you’re looking forward to right now? If so, what? If not, find something 🙂
Yes. I recently applied for a Teaching English Homestay program in Chile, & I cannot wait to get to live there for 3 months with a Chilean family and experience as much of the culture as I can, while living in another country.
- What’s a big fear of yours, and how do you cope with it?
Rejection. I feel like once people know the real me, they won’t like me.
So, I have a hard time opening up to people (they think I’m being quiet because I’m shy, but really, I have a lot to say, I just don’t want to give them a reason to reject me).
I don’t really know how I cope with it. I guess, answering this question is a way to cope because it’s helping me open up about it. And, I guess this blog was my way to start trying to cope with it.
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
I don’t really want any pets, but if I was ever to get one; it would probably be a small dog (not a Great Dane, something like a Yorkie or a Pomeranian).
. . .
10 Facts about me
- I LOVE traveling! (like SOOOO much; my dream is to visit every country in the world)
- I can speak 3 1/2 languages (So far, I am fluent in English, French & Spanish; I’m working on the forth one, Cantonese).
- When I was 11/12, I broke my left middle finger & knuckle; and, since I was young, the doctors put me in a cast up to my elbow for THREE weeks (til this day my finger is still crooked).
- I have a younger sister (who is also my best friend; next to my mom, of course).
- My favorite colour is light-blue.
- Unlike popular opinions, I actually enjoy dark chocolate.
- I HATE being cold (I’d much rather sweat all the time, than be cold for even a second).
- I NEED to travel at least once a year (if not, I go crazy).
- I’m scared that I’ll never get my dream job.
- I crave spontaneous adventures daily (I want to wake up every morning and do something different than the day before, the 9-5 job life is not for me).
. . .
- Rays of Inspiration & Motivation
- Snap, Travel and Pop
They are traveling the world while writing about where they’ve been and what they did there. They inspire me to keep my love for traveling and exploring different cultures of the world. Their posts are inspiring because they add a lot of pictures with recommendations on things to do; which really makes the reader want to visit that place. If you visit their blog, you will definitely discover one place you want to visit in the world.
- Pro Kind Project
- Words in the Light
- Evelina Di Lauro
- Why did you start blogging/writing?
- What inspires you to write?
- What’s one thing you hope that people take away after reading your blog?
- Where in the world do you wish you were, right now?
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What’s one life lesson you will never forget?
- What country do you need to visit one day?
Here’s the rules, now that you’re nominated!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information, so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Post a comment in the comments below (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry) personally visit each and everyone. I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!!!
Thanks for reading!