Wow! I can’t believe I’ve lived in South America for a total of 7 months.
. . .
Half a year of living on another continent.
Half a year of learning another language.
Half a year of living in another culture.
. . .
It’s crazy to think about all the things I’ve done / learned in the past 7 months.
And, I couldn’t possibly explain them all in one post.
So, instead, here’s a list of 7 things I learned during my experience living in South America for 7 months:
1. This first one’s obvious: I couldn’t live in South America without learning Spanish!
I’ve learned a lot of Spanish, and realized that I love learning languages!
See post: Foreign Language Classes Abroad!
2. I learned a lot about budget traveling, and how to budget with foreign currency.
See post: Budget Travel Tip #1!
3. I learned how to successfully, and happily spend the holidays while solo traveling abroad.
See post: Abroad for the holidays!
4. I learned a lot about Patience.
So much so, that I think it might be a separate post. Coming soon! 😉
5. I learned how to be my own best friend.
See post: Solo Travel Tip #1
6. I learned how to step out of my comfort zone more, and get the most out of every experience.
See post: Fear is Calling
7. And, lastly, I learned a bunch of other random things, like what I want to do with my life.
See post: 2019 resolutions
. . .
And, if you want to read more about my experiences while
living in South America,
check out the following links:
Thanks for reading!
I hope this post inspired you to travel, & step out of your comfort zone because it’s truly the best decision you will ever make.
And, although, traveling comes with ups and downs, one thing is for sure, I don’t regret one minute of my time abroad.